What Are You Doing Wrong With Your Silk Press?

 Your hair should shine so great, you should see your reflection. Your roots should be so straight, it looks as if you’d just received a fantastic perm. That’s the way that a great silk press should look like. You watched all the tutorials on YouTube. So why didn’t your hair turn out the way that it should? 
Well read further and see what you did wrong....

1. You don’t have the right tools. Your flat iron is ten years old and doesn’t work right. You don’t have a good comb for the comb chase method. Face it. Your hair is not getting straight like it should. There are affordable flat irons for sale. IN fact, I found one for $17.99 on Amazon.com
The Sabuy  Click on this link for a great and affordable flat iron that will get your hair straight. 

2. You don’t have the right products. 
Sometimes just because that heat protectant works for your friend, it doesn’t mean that you will have the same results. Hair protectant, deep conditioning, shampoo....all of those things will ensure that your silk press will come out much better than your first sad attempt. Sometimes, we are so eager to get to the end result that we don’t use the products that will help us achieve that perfect result. 

3. You’re not using the right procedure. 
I’m sorry but you can’t skip steps. You must wash your hair thoroughly. If you haven’t washed your hair in a long time OR  you have used a lot of products, you will probably use a clarifying shampoo. This will help get the gunk out of your hair and off your flat iron. This buildup will build onto the flat iron and get it all gunky and dirty. 
NO bueno.
You also need to deep condition your hair. This is important to getting a really good result. You want your hair to look healthy and this step can’t be ignored.  Then, wash all the conditioner out of your hair and use a very light leave in. Then get to blow drying.
Blow drying is important too. If you have lots of shrinkage, it helps that you keep your hair in a stretched style in order to flat iron it much easily.
Do NOT USE A LOT OF LEAVE IN CONDITIONER.


Make sure you use the comb chase method and use small pieces to flat iron your hair. Sure, it will take longer but you’ll get a better result and you won’t use that many passes. I can’t stress that you must work on clean and conditioned hair. 





In the end, you should get a pretty good result. My hair looks like crap right now. Why? Because I didn’t follow many of these rules and straightened my hair stupidly. So it looks and feels like crap. I wish I would have followed my first mind and did what I needed to do. Now it’s too late. I only flat iron my hair probably four times a year. And I messed up one of my times. Ah well....

Comments

Popular Posts