Minor...Minor Setback Due To...

Lack of Protein!

Let's backtrack for the week, shall we?

I clarified with my Suave Daily Clarifying shampoo about three days ago or so. I was seeing some flakes due to my topical growth aides and thought that my hair would benefit more if I got rid of product buildup.

Well, I must say that clarifying works because once my scalp was clean, the MN 2% gave me a banging headache...we'll set the Monistat aside for now (hopefully we wont need it)

Anyway, after I clarified, I did a Silk Elements DC and went on about my merry way. I baggied with WGO (Wild Growth Oil) for a few days while my hair was wet.

The results? My ends were really bad. To the point where it would break off from me looking at it the wrong way. Hair was in my comb and sink at a very alarming rate. I paced the bathroom floor as to a solution.

That's when it hit me (after some help from the ladies on BHM and LHCF hair forums). NO PROTEIN! What was I thinking? I jumped in the shower, washed my hair, and did an Aphogee 2 Min Reconstructor. I combed through my hair afterwards and guess what? ALMOST NO BREAKAGE!

WHEW! Ladies that could have gotten really ugly.

Relaxed ladies....do not lag on the protein. You need it! Natural ladies...you need more moisture but you shouldn't neglect protein altogether either. 
Remember, your hair will let you know when you are doing something wrong. You need to learn when your hair is suffering from too much/too less protein/moisture. Your hair has this fine balance. Learn where it is!

Comments

  1. Girl I know what you are going through. I am currently in the process of growing out my hair from having a short cut. As of right now I have been wearing bonded weaves done by my stylist. I now the frustration on having hair set backs! I hope you achieve your hair goals.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts