BIG REVEAL--CANCELLED!



Okay I had my braids done April 24th, 2009 and they were starting to look like this....

This is only after three and a half weeks! A coworker was staring at the top of my head and I asked her should I take them down?

She replied with a resounding, "YES!"

SO....I purchased a relaxer and took them down.

Mistake #1

Never relax your hair when you're tired. 

I was so dead tired from work that I could care less at some point what it looked like.

Mistake #2

Never relax your hair in front of others. Especially others that do not understand people with my hair texture. I got tired of hearing lame jokes from my SO, that I gave up.

When I finished my hair was HORRIBLY UNDERPROCESSED!

AND.......

NO GAIN IN LENGTH AT ALL! 

I wanted to cry and was so disappointed. The only difference in my hair was that it was much thicker than it used to be. Twice as thick! 

I know I know...thickness comes and then the length.

Blah Blah Blah.

I'm days away from chopping it off to a nice little cut and going about my life. This whole hair growing business was fun while it lasted but I don't have the time, energy, or money to continue. Looking at others progress to lengths that I may never achieve is heartbreaking.

Thanks.

Comments

Popular Posts