My Edges Are Disappearing!
Well my edges are fine...but I know there are a lot of you out there that may be having this problem.
Especially you micro braid wearers.
Many of you know this already but I live close to Chicago...the MECCA for Micro Braids! That has to be the number one style among African American women in Chicago next to the sew in weave.
Now, when I'm out and about, I see women with REALLY BAD EDGES with a little hair left on them...
THEN THEY HAVE THE AUDACITY TO ATTACH A BRAID ONTO THAT LITTLE PATCH OF HAIR!
If you want to save your edges then STOP!
1. If you are wearing a relaxer, STOP RELAXING YOUR EDGES IMMEDIATELY!
2. Find a protective style that will relieve the stresses on your edges. (Wigs are great)
3. If you are partial to growth aides, Megatek, Monistat, Sulfur 8, CLaudies Elixir, Bee Mine, etc are all good if you apply these products on a regular basis.
4. For more natural remedies try taking Vitamins like B12 and Biotin, Horsetail, Silica for growth.
5. Massage your edges with peppermint or tea tree oil every night to stimulate growth.
6. Then sit back and WAIT!
If none of these work for you, you may need to see a dermatologist. There could be some nerve damage.
Again ladies, having long gorgeous hair with no edges is not a good look.