She Got On My Bus....

and I was mesmerized.

Yes she was gorgeous but what stood out the most was her hair.

She had long 1b straight as a pin locks that flowed to the middle of her back. I had to tear my eyes away from her for fear that she would think I was daft.

I tried to steal looks at her straight as a pin and flowy hair but to no avail. The mirror on the bus wouldn't give me a good angle without looking like a stalker.

I tried to forget about it as I ran my fingers through my kinky curls. For brief moments, I imagined my hair was magically relaxed...sure it wouldn't have been as long.....at least to my arm pits but with the help of my Halley's Curls Salon Relaxed, I'm sure I could fool millions.

The DING of the STOP REQUEST CORD halted my daydream as the caramel beauty stepped off my bus. My mouth dropped open as I got a better view of the back of her hair as it moved in the wind as the door opened.

I watched her for a few moments before the light turned green.

Later that evening at the grocery store, I walked past the hair products section. Lo and behold a box of ORS Relaxer was staring at me....taunting me.

Within twenty minutes, you can have straight as a pin hair too. Mom look! No shrinkage! Single strand knots, melted away in minutes....

I tripped over someone's kid running out of the aisle and out of the store.

Could I really do it? Sacrifice my kinky curly hair for a brief moment of madness? Sure there's nothing wrong with relaxed hair...but all my hard work caring for my natural hair gone in a flash.

Time will tell.

Comments

  1. Great post. I'm sure others feel the same way at times, but you can achieve straight hair with a blowdry and flat-iron. At times, it could even look better then the pin straight relaxed look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ms. D. I do straight hair with my flat iron now but it reverts in no time fast. I was also thinking about doing the BKT but I'm not so sure about that either.

    I don't know what to do. As long as I keep this half wig on my head and my hands out of my hair, I think I"m safe from the relaxer....so far....LOL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts