My Hair Growth for 2018



My hair growth 

Okay, so this is the length of my hair recently. Looks like I’m....

BSB



WOW. Kind of an accomplishment. I’m happy about it but I have some ways to go. My hair is still not the same length all over the place so I want to work on that. I have been using growth aides to get it where I’d like it to be and I will need some serious protein treaments.


What did I do?

It’s simple really.

Here are the things you shouldn’t do to achieve hair growth...

1. Become a Product Junkie

This doesn’t work. You just wind up spending more money on products that you honestly didn’t need. Your hair is going to grow regardless. Sure, it’s always fun to buy the new thing that everyone on Youtube and the blogs are buying and using. However, my closet is full of failed products that I don’t even think about. It just sits there and never gets used. This isn’t really hair advice. This is financial advice. Just don’t do this. Find what your hair likes and stick with that. Really. Stick with that.

2. FORGET your moisture and protein regimen!

When I got sick, I just let my hair do it’s thing. I lost a lot of my length because this broke off badly because I didn’t do anything to it. I should be a hip length right now with this hair journey lasting a damn decade. I don’t care what you have to do. I’m in a wheelchair and have lupus. I don’t forget to do my moisture and protein regimen.


Happy girl, Happy Hair, Long Hair DON’T CARE!




3. Keep Your Hands In Your Hair

As it starts to grow, you’ll get this hankering to run your fingers through it. Don’t do this. You could cause undue breakage and it isn’t worth it. I keep my hands in my hair and this isn’t good. Stop yourself from touching your hair all the time. Put gloves on. Chew gum. Something.

4. Keep Timelines

If you want to get frustrated, keep your hair on a growth timeline. When you don’t make your goal, then you’ll find yourself getting upset. When you get upset then you may go do something drastic like color it, put chemicals in it, or more chemicals, or even chop it all off. When something doesn’t happen by the designated time, you’ll get antsy. Don’t do this. Just let your hair do it’s thing. I promise you, it will. I used to be the girl that believed that I needed to be at least 20% Cherokee and French to have long hair and this is simply not the truth. BLACK HAIR DOES GROW JUST LIKE ANY OTHER RACE. Keep at it and you’ll get results.

Comments

Popular Posts